Sunday, November 8, 2009

For Psychologists or Zombies

Soon to come will be a step-by-step process post about etching. For the time being, I would like to display the fruits of my first etching:




Things that I love include the sweet raised edge on the paper where the plexiglass imprinted and the murky inkiness where I didn't wipe off all of the etching ink (on purpose). I love the old-school antique-y look when there is leftover ink on the glass.

This week, experiments with watercolor on etching. I know, I know, you may be thinking, "Right, watercolors worked so well for you in the past on the red mixer print." Ha! I say to you. This time it shall be different, because the etching ink is oil-based. Or, at least, that is my hypothesis and deep, deep hope.

For those interested parties, there are a few shirts, buttons, and kids' clothes available with the brain in the Whole Wide Room Cafepress Shop, as well as a few other new designs, like my monotype human heart. I'm really into the anatomy illustrations lately. Maybe I'll work on a series...

No comments:

Post a Comment