Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Last Day of Class

Today was the final day of printmaking class! We got a dump of winter weather up here in Vermont last night, so I was feeling ready to hibernate and not at all eager to attend, but I decided to put in an appearance, and hoped that my teacher and classmates would show up.

Luckily, George did appear, and so did one of my classmates. I did a little work silkscreening over a couple monoprints I made last week, with mixed success. A couple of the pieces turned out well, and a couple were big fails. Once they dry and I pick them up, I'll include pictures here. I also printed a couple more Norman Bates prints, as I sold my last one! :)

And now class is over, and the decision remains...will I become a member of Burlington City Arts and shell out the money to use the studio space each month ($50/month) in the hopes of continuing my printmaking work...or will I find myself too busy?

I think that I'm going to continue to use the studio throughout December (I feel like that's legitimate since my class just ended), and then perhaps pay for January use of the space, and see how much use I get out of it. I'll then make decisions accordingly about continuing. The other options exists of renting the space by the day (for $35). In that case, I could work at home on lino-cuts and etchings, and just print a glut of work one a single full day in the studio.

What's a great creative outlet, though! I've really enjoyed the work I've done, and while there is always more to learn, I've found a couple techniques that I love...and a couple techniques I'm not sure about yet. More exploration to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment