Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Quiet Week

Although I have been quiet to the blogging world in the last week, I've been busy.

Last week, my husband and I flew home (to my home) for Thanksgiving, which was really wonderful and relaxing and celebratory. My siblings and their significant others were all home, as well as the whole posse of dog nieces and nephews that I love dearly.





While I haven't been working, per se, I did have my mind on printmaking while at home. I took a happy trip to Dick Blick, which has a fabulous selection online, but no stores here at home in Vermont. Bless their Ohio location. While I really reigned in my desire to purchase several thousand things, I managed to restrain myself and just purchase a couple types of block printing ink and a piece of their linoleum for testing, with the idea that I can always order things that work. They did, however, have 6x6 pieces of lino, a size that our art store here doesn't, and although I did not buy it, I am intrigued at the idea of making square prints. Look out for those in the future...

Also, while hanging with my Dad in the garage one night (long story), I had the bright idea that he could help me make a carving board for my lino work. The previous week, I gouged two of my fingers while working on a linocut (my first printmaking related injuries, and two at once!) and I determined that a board to have at home would be mighty nice. We got to work, and produced one relatively quickly.



When we arrived home Saturday, I immediately started preparing for my upcoming term in school. We operate on trimesters, and even though it's a pain, I'm grateful to have a new batch of kiddos to teach, and a new set of classes to tackle. I was desperately in need of a chance before I left for break!

I have class again on Wednesday, and plan to get back into the studio as soon as possible. It's good to be home, and I'm ready to work on something new...when time allows!

No comments:

Post a Comment