Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Me-Designed Chucks

On a trip home from college, my brothers DJ, Sam, and I drove to Bellfountaine, near our home in central Ohio, because there was a store there that carried Chuck Taylor's for cheap. As I drove the boys home, windows open and "Goodnight, Saigon" blaring on the radio as we sang along at the top of our lungs, my new, blue, Chuck lo-tops rode on the floor at my feet. It was my first pair.

Of many. Chucks are my go-to shoes. They're fine for school (one thing I DO like about my job is the casual wardrobe), and they give off an air of "...yeah, whatever." And while I have my basic blues and browns, I also have a kick-ass pair of floral hi-tops.

For my birthday this year, I designed my own pair. George and Ann sent them to me, and they arrived today!!!!


They're black paisley. And slip-on. And maroon. And lime green. And they have my initials embroidered on the back. And I looooooooove them.

Dear Chucks, never go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment