Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Poem by a Guest: Maureen

As I mentioned, it was my birthday about a week ago. One of my most fun and exciting birthday surprises was an awesome, simple, and heartfelt poem by my good friend, Maureen. It is also pertinent to my crafting and Etsy store. Also, the first letters in all the lines correspond to my name, which I find kitschy and wonderful (really, my friends are the greatest!).

"Birthdays: A Meditation"
Birthdays must be especially hard to shop for when the birthday girl has her own
Etsy store full of the
Cutest things in the universe already. It
Kind of makes me glad that I had to cede the "Intended" status to
Your Husband.

Long ago, when we read Heart of Darkness for a Literature Seminar, Maureen and I joked that we were one another's Intended after we became "engaged" over a hot dog.

And now, off to start my week on a Tuesday after a long weekend in Montreal prolonging the birthday celebrations. I plan to put a few more Muggies up in the shop this week, and perhaps work on some more cards, as I'm stocking up for when one of my art pieces is featured in the art showcase on April 28th.



No comments:

Post a Comment